Thursday, April 12, 2007

There Ain’t Another Place I’d Rather Be by David W.

The streets are full with city life
Even though some people are in times of strife.
People here are happy to say
I am a Yankee and that’s still true today.
From good hot dogs on the street
To podiatrist taking care of people’s feet.
They say this place is where dreams come true
That phrase alone should keep you from getting blue.
So no matter if your business is up or down
There is no reason to wear a frown.
Because from Times Square
To every man who dreams to dare
There ain’t another place I’d rather be
Than good old NYC.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really creative poem David I really like the flow of your poem. Something that this poem reflects is your love for New York City and it reflects it very well as it shows in the lines “People here are happy to say…I am a Yankee and that’s still true today…From good hot dogs on the street…To podiatrist taking care of people’s feet.”, which is assisted by the rhyme scheme. It also shows how your patriotism for a city or country stays true even when you are taken away from your home. It really brings into question what makes a country, geographic location or the life within its boundaries.

Anonymous said...

Dave your poem was excellent. It was easy to follow and i could read it with no problem. I liked the rhyme you used it was creative with the words you chose to ryhme. I think it was an easy theme that where you are is perfect for you and that doesnt need to change. I agree with jeff on his last statement on what makes a country what it is. Agian nice job with all the ryhme and incorporating your message into the poem.

Anonymous said...

Great poem Dave. I really like that it was very easy to understand and flowed smoothly. I think you did a great job showing your love of NYC. The words you chose helped you to accurately convey your message. I particularly liked your use of "strife." Also, like Jeff said, I think your patriotism for NYC was very evident and seemed to be strong. Good job with this poem.