Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Day at the Beach by Katie P.

The Sun is setting and it is now summer
I have been lying on the beach all day
Leaving the water and the sun is a bummer
Lying there today all my worries gone away

Now that the sun is set the day is gone
Picking up the blanket and the umbrella too
All the memories past our day is done
I can’t wait till tomorrow going back with you

We have spent our day under the bright sun
Walking up to the pier to get some food
Maybe some chips or a hotdog and bun
After waiting all day hunger is my mood

I can’t wait till the moonsets for the night
Just so that I can see the sun shine so bright

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

katie i thought your poem was very nice. i liked how you made it about the beach and went through pretty much a usual day at the beach. you knew a lot about what you weretalking about and that made the poem flow very nicely. another thing i really liked was you used simple words that anyone could undersand. overall it was a great poem.

Anonymous said...

I thought that this poem was really good. The best part about it was the rhyme scheme. I think that this poem was about two people spending the day together at the beach. I liked the diction that you used. I liked how the poem flowed and how it wasn't hard to understand its meaning