Thursday, May 1, 2008

Starry Night by Rachel B.

When I stare at the canvas in the square of the frame
I drift away to a place in time and unwind
Such beauty and grace from a man who would maim
A unique way to see life through an insane mind

Bringing life, depth, and power
Color in your world of black and white
To see is to smell your vision of a flower
In your world of darkness to see the starry night

Expansion, feeling, wonder meant from deep inside
Struggling to breathe with every stroke
Staring, staring, drifting I tried
Visions of a man emotionally broke

The troubled mind I will never know
As I stare at the madness of a man called Van Gogh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The person speaking is trying to describe the picture he sees in front of him. Trying to see what the painter's feelings were when he was painting. The attitude of the speaker is kind of like praising the painter. Worshiping the beauty of the picture. The theme I see in this poem is to live a mysterious life. It may not make sense but it does in my mind. I really liked this poem because it really describes the feeling someone towards a painting. How a painting can give people so many different thoughts.