Thursday, May 1, 2008

Summer’s Sunset by Anna R

Being bored all day, it was almost night.
Go to the beach to get out of the town.
I sit and wait to watch the sun go down.
Creeping toward the sea, there’s no more daylight.

Finally disappears the moon comes out.
I just sit there and reflect on the day.
Every one of my troubles goes away.
I release my pain and all of my doubt.

I can’t move from my spot, I don’t know why.
A sudden cold breeze breaks me from my trance.
I stand up and take one final last glance.
At the beautiful night which makes me cry.

Watching the sunset I have emptied my head.
Of everything horrible that I dread.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna,
Hey you did a great job on this poem. It seems that the intended audience for this poem is people who like to escape from their problems. The words are about finding peace of mind. The mood is very relaxing. The theme is finding peace of mind when trouble comes. Keep writing poetry Anna because you seem to be really good at it. Superb!

Anonymous said...

HEY ANNA!
loved your poem it was really well writen. the mood was relaxed and calm. you was able to express thoughts and feelings clearly. the words were about going to tranqil place to let all feelings go. the theme was to find peace. it was amazing GREAT JOB!!
:]

Anonymous said...

ANNIE!!!!

haha. Nice Poem. It was very well written and that's saying something. :] The words seem to be about peace and relaxtion. The mood is very calming and tranquil. It engages the reader in healing and calming way. I liked it a lot. GOOD JOB!!! :]