Thursday, May 1, 2008

Unruled Waters by Krista S.

Lay my feet on un-solid ground
Precious water so cold I bet
My ears hear not one song
Deliverance I have yet to forget.

Sunset softly, but let it awake
Warm ever slowly my skin
God has made this masterpiece for heaven’s sake
If I lay here and take it in, I will surely win.

What ancient mysteries lye beneath your wave
Over a hundred thousand stories you have washed up upon the shore
Each a memory you will save
Underneath it all there is more.

You scream for someone to come in
To ride away on a lonely dolphin’s fin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Krista,
Your poem was fantastic! The intended audience for this poem is people who love the ocean and nature. The mood is calming. The words are about finding a place of serenity. The theme is people who like to get away. I loved this poem!